Tuesday, January 22, 2008

...death, tragically...

...so this is my first day on this blog and although I am just getting started, the big 'shocking' news of the day is the unexpected death of Heath Ledger...I must admit I was shocked to read of his passing...and I am certain his death will be [if not already] considered tragic and unfortunate...

...so many people have something to say about this news item...some sympathetic posts...some comments probably would raise an eyebrow as perhaps insensitive...and finally, someone asked the question about what death meant to me and what I thought of all of the posts regarding Mr. Ledger's passing...

Here is what I wrote:

"...death in general is sorta harsh and final...I don't particularly care for it [if I do say so my self]...that being said, it is a part of life...and I will need to reconcile with my beliefs and that reality someday...most of my close friends and family are still alive which probably is why I have a distaste for leaving this existence...amazingly, this will be news for a few weeks and the world will move on...much like most of our passings will be...doesn't mean we wont be thought of from time to time...but it is a reminder that our time on the planet is fairly short..."

I always find it curious as to how quickly people can get wrapped up in the details in the life of someone they perhaps never knew personally, meanwhile, missing out on the details of their own life...

How much time do we focus on analyzing others rather than looking within ourselves?

That philosophical question on the books, I have to take note that my last two entries had to deal with an impending birthday and death...psychological bookends I guess...

[r]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is awesome. My boyfriend is positive, i'm not. But he sometimes has a very negative outlook on life because he is positive. He is extremely lucky to not have been surpressed by the virus, and I think keeping "positive" and stress free will keep him healthy.
I want to hear more!

Unknown said...

Hey Rourke... I like this blog, found it through your profile on RJ. Mind if I add it to my blogroll? You see, I run this spanish blog for the Panama GLBT community (link in my profile) and, since most of my readers are bilingual I think they could benefit from your way of thinking.

Keep it up, we need more ppl volunteering and fighting the good fight.